Trying to access the PATS system on 2013 Mazda 3

Discussion about adapters and connections - usage, problems, solutions

Trying to access the PATS system on 2013 Mazda 3

Postby rensoman59 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Hello,

I am having difficulty accessing the PATS on my 2013 Mazda 3. I am trying to delete and add new keys. I have seen screenshots of other users with older models where they can see PATS module on FORScan. I am able to access tests but no idea how to get into it. Any help that comes rather soon would be much appreciated! :D

Thanks!
rensoman59

Vehicle: 2013 Mazda 3 iSport 2.0L 155HP

Re: Trying to access the PATS system on 2013 Mazda 3

Postby Cellular-Decay » Fri May 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Have you looked at this thread?
How to program PATS using FORScan v2.3.*

One of the first things it says is:
FORScan wrote:This article describes PATS programming procedure. The article is actual for version 2.3.8 (PATS programming is implemented for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury models approximately of 1997-2011 model year, depends on model and market). If PATS programming functions is not available in the list of service functions, it means it is not implemented for this model. If the PATS programming function is available in the Service chapter, it is implemented for this model and must work in full.

Note in particular these parts:
PATS programming is implemented for Ford, Mazda, Lincoln and Mercury models approximately of 1997-2011 model year, depends on model and market
If PATS programming functions is not available in the list of service functions, it means it is not implemented for this model.

So if you don't see a "PATS programming" option in the service menu then your 2013 vehicle probably isn't supported.

Of course it also says:
If the PATS programming function is available in the Service chapter, it is implemented for this model and must work in full.
I do have the PATS programing option, but when I try to use it it says my 2011 car is not supported.

So much for it must work in full... :cry:
Cellular-Decay

Vehicle: Mazda MX-5 2.0L 2011 (GT PRHT)

Return to Adapters & Connection