Ext Feature: Offline Mode?

Testing new functions

Ext Feature: Offline Mode?

Postby Airborne_Ape » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:48 am

There's been many times where I wish ForScan had the ability to load and save '.abt' files without the need to be in a vehicle. Two common uses for such a feature are:

1) Occasionally I will sit in my vehicle, edit my As Built Data to meet the specific features of someone else's Ford, save that content as a new file, which I then share online through a private message to help someone thousands of miles away.

2) Sometimes I prefer writing down a test strategy in advance or while I'm traveling and it would save time if I could pre build some '.abt' calibration files while away from my vehicle.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same general consensus and if Alexey Savin could possibly add an Offline mode to ForScan?
Airborne_Ape

Vehicle: Ford, 3.5 Ecoboost, 2016

Re: Ext Feature: Offline Mode?

Postby Vladsky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Airborne_Ape wrote:There's been many times where I wish ForScan had the ability to load and save '.abt' files without the need to be in a vehicle. Two common uses for such a feature are:

1) Occasionally I will sit in my vehicle, edit my As Built Data to meet the specific features of someone else's Ford, save that content as a new file, which I then share online through a private message to help someone thousands of miles away.

2) Sometimes I prefer writing down a test strategy in advance or while I'm traveling and it would save time if I could pre build some '.abt' calibration files while away from my vehicle.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same general consensus and if Alexey Savin could possibly add an Offline mode to ForScan?

Howdy thar, yungun!

^^^ Da, Tavarisch... abso-fekkin-lutely !!! :!: :idea: :!:

Hell-fahr ... I'd whip up a batch o' me world-famous Canooky-Ukie cabbage rolls and borscht as a humble offerin' if'n it'd hep, aight!

On a related note - reckon, fer clarity - that v2.4.0 is drivin' the need fer hardwired interfaces ONLY if'n the end-user is keen on (and savvy enough) actually utilizin' the firmware flashin' functionality. Otherwise, folks whut invested in a BT MX can still be a-carryin' on making various n' sundry bit-twiddlin' cornfig changes n'sich. Ah shorely Hope so, at any rate.

(BTW - PLEASE don't be a-lookin' fer an e-hug on this forum. It's raht em-bare-ayssin' when adults do that. Thankee in advance.) :oops:

Cheers!
Vlad
Vladsky

Vehicle: 2015 F150 3.5L EB

Return to Beta testing