Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration

Testing new functions

Re: Setting arbitrary tire sizes for speedometer calibration

Postby Dordogne » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:25 pm

EMC2 wrote:Has anyone successfully completed a tire size change for 2011-2014 F150 using this method?

To my knowledge - no. The 2014 and earlier trucks are on the last generation of as-built as I mentioned, and this doesn't seem to work in any Ford vehicle that isn't on the current generation of as-built.

Side note: is there a way of referring to the different generations of as=built that I'm not aware of?

HOWEVER, the FORScan devs are working on adding a PCM module initialization procedure to relearn vehicle data, and this apparently reads the BCM data for tire size into the PCM on the newer vehicles. This has been used with some success to eliminate the DTC you get from this mod in 2015+ F150's. I do wonder if something like this is what's needed to make the mod work in earlier gen as-built vehicles. See the tail end of this thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f31/correct-your-speedometer-error-no-flash-tune-required-361473/index6/
Dordogne

Vehicle: Mustang 5.0 2017

Postby akcooper9 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 pm

I downloaded the AS BUILT from the truck and online. Here is a screen shot of the current state of the ABS module in my 03 7.3 PSD. Note, the tires have been adjust by the FORD tool a few years back so I wonder if that is what is causing the 'error' in the two lines that say Tire Size. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do next? I would really like to figure this out but need some help if possible. Thanks!

akcooper9

Vehicle: 03 F250 7.3

Postby jdstratton » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:53 am

I have a 2014 Super Duty.... None of this is working. As soon as a plug in a hex value out of range it throws codes. I also have tried the PCM re-learn, the TCM re-learn does not work, errors out and quits.
jdstratton

Vehicle: F-250 Diesel 6.7 2014

Previous

Return to Beta testing